The Croft, Main Street, Alne (Ref10250118)
- Ref: 10250118
- Type: Detached House
- Availability: Sold STC
- Bedrooms: 5
- Bathrooms: 2
- Reception Rooms: 3
- Tenure: Freehold
STYLE - Detached Period Property with 2 Bedroom Annex
SETTING - Highly Desirable and Sought After Village of Alne
THREE WORDS - Character. Idyllic. Lifestyle.
The Croft occupies an enviable position situated in the heart of the picturesque village of Alne. This impressive double fronted Victorian family home exudes elegance, providing a perfect blend of period charm with contemporary style.
The current owners have lovingly refurbished and renovated this property, along with the original Blacksmiths stable block named The Coach House creating a stunning home with additional stylish two-bedroom cottage. This is simply the perfect house for a family who are looking for a separate annexe for grandparents, grown up children or an ideal office space in our new world of working from home. Equally, a holiday home to let out and reap the benefits from a well-established lucrative business.
Set within beautiful private, professionally designed grounds the gardens have been meticulously maintained and enjoys the sun all day long. Enter the house through the red painted door into a vestibule and hallway with original tiled flooring.
Immediately you can feel a sense of history with the high ceilings, the picture rails, cornicing, ceiling rose, pine doors and period fireplaces. This home is wonderfully light and airy. Original sash windows to the front principal rooms, upstairs the windows have been sympathetically replaced.
The ground floor living comprises of three well-proportioned reception rooms and sunroom. The showstopper is the magnificent extended family kitchen, with a contemporary feel, it really is the heart of this home. A superb sociable space for the whole family with tri-folding doors leading out to a paved terrace, perfect for alfresco dining looking out onto the stunning garden beyond.
Off the kitchen is a generous sized useful laundry room/utility. The U-turned staircase with beautiful arched sash window overlooking the garden making it light and airy. Upstairs has a feel of an east and west wing! To the east there are three double bedrooms, with house bathroom and wc. Another hallway to the west leads to a further double bedroom leading to snug, both with feature period fireplace, perfect for teenagers, a decadent dressing room or a magical playroom.
There is a further bedroom, shower room and storage area. Outside the gardens are spectacular. The house is positioned perfectly allowing a generous front garden. Smart wrought iron railings enclose the meticulously maintained lawned garden with well stocked perennials, flowering plants and trees. The driveway is gravelled, with space for numerous cars and leads to the garage (with electric door). Beyond the double wrought iron gates is a private enclosed lawned garden, with two paved terraces with plenty of space for seating areas and garden room, a haven for those green fingered buyers.
We can imagine long summer BBQs with friends and family while the children play long into the evening. There is space and service for a hot tub.
• Victorian country home of 3036 sq. ft, much improved and extended by current owners.
• Wonderful features: well proportioned rooms, Victorian tiled flooring, three fireplaces downstairs, two bedroom fireplaces, cornicing, picture rails, ceiling rose, sash windows, original pine doors.
• 28 ft sitting room with wood burning stove. Bay windows to front and window to the rear making it light and airy. Dining Room.
• Magnificently extended dining kitchen with integral Neff appliances. Beautiful pale blue AGA complements the German designed Rational white high gloss fitted units with plenty of storage, worksurface and breakfast bar. A Domino Hob positioned next to the Aga, and eye level oven. Tri-folding doors to two sides opens out to the paved terrace, perfectly placed for Alfresco dining, or morning coffee. A door leads to a generous sized useful utility with plumbing for washing machine
oodles of storage for all those bits and bobs, and door to paved terrace.
• From the kitchen is a reception room with period fire. This is an ideal snug/playroom/library leading to a sunroom overlooking the front garden.
• Four Double Bedrooms, One Single, Dressing room/Playroom • Elegant Bathroom, Shower Room, WC
• Stunning Gardens, front and rear. Beautifully maintained lawned gardens, mature perennials, flowering plants and trees.
• Two paved Terraces. Plenty of space for Alfresco Dining, Space and service for Hot Tub. Garden Summer House.
• Gravelled driveway leads to Single Garage with electric door, Parking for numerous cars.
The Coach House
The Coach House has been completely refurbished and renovated creating a stylish two bedroom cottage, the current owners have successfully run as a holiday let. Further information can be provided.
• Original Blacksmiths Stable block completely refurbished and renovated creating a two-bedroom annex/cottage
• Open Plan ground floor living with all mod cons
• Downstairs Cloakroom
• Spiral Staircase to additional living area with Juliet balcony overlooking the garden.
• Master Bedroom with free-standing cast-iron bath. Second double Bedroom and Shower room.
LPG, Separate Boiler to The Croft and The Coach House, mains Electricity, metered water, partial double glazing.
Enter the village from Forest Lane and continue to Main Street. The Croft is situated on right hand side and can be identified by the For Sale Board.
Local Life in Alne
Alne is a highly desirable village nestled in farmland and surrounded by beautiful natural scenery. This picturesque countryside village is located approximately twelve miles north-west of York and four miles from Easingwold with excellent transport links making it ideal for commuting. Leeds, Harrogate, the A1 and Motorway network are easily accessible via Aldwark Bridge.
In the village there is Alne County Primary School and Playgroup, the Village Hall, Alne Cricket Club, Tennis Clubs, two nursing and care homes; Oak Trees and Leonard Cheshire, Blue Bell Inn pub, The Alders Caravan Park and St Marys Church. Easingwold has a secondary school, there are co-ed independent schools nearby including Cundall Manor and many other choices in York.
Entering Alne from the York direction you will find a beautiful fruit and veg stall selling delicious homegrown produce. There is also a specialist Chelsea Flower Show exhibitor selling plants to the local community. Nearby in Tollerton is the award-winning village stores and post office. The village hosts the annual Alne Street Fayre in June which has been mentioned by The Times as one of the top 20 days out. It’s a fabulous day for everyone in the village to get together! There are plenty of country walks nearby, a park and bus service routes to Easingwold, Thirsk and York.