The Grange, Helperby, North Yorkshire (Ref10205635)
- Ref: 10205635
- Bedrooms: 7
- Bathrooms: 2
- Reception Rooms: 4
- Tenure: Freehold
STUNNING PERIOD PROPERTY WITH TWO BEDROOM ANNEXE SET IN JUST UNDER AN ACRE
The Grange stands proud and enjoys an enviable position set in grounds of just under one acre. This splendid four storey Victorian family home dates back to 1880. It is simply stunning and oozes period charm.
The present owners have lovingly completed an extensive program of sympathetic renovation, returning this stunning house to its former glory. There is a two bedroomed self-contained Annexe, which provides flexible accommodation; ideal for grandparents, teenagers or guests, or equally suited to a home office or gym.
From the moment you walk through the front door it feels like a country home. The stained-glass vestibule door dapples the Hallway with hues of reds, greens and blues. Immediately you feel a sense of grandeur with the high ceilings, cornicing, picture rails, sash windows and period fireplaces.
The Ground Floor Living is a mix of large open spaces and formal rooms each beautifully decorated. Beyond the Kitchen, lies an alfresco Dining Area and Herb Garden. The fruit/vegetable garden is a haven for green fingered buyers.
The showstopper is the Living Kitchen. This is the beating heart of this home; a superb space, perfect for the whole family to be together doing their own thing or entertaining with friends.
The Orangery is perfectly placed to the side of the Kitchen. We can imagine sitting having some quiet time reading the Sunday papers overlooking the garden terrace.
The impressive Victorian U-turned staircase leads to 5 Double Bedrooms, two Ensuites and a House Bathroom. Each is wonderfully light and exudes elegance.
The Master Bedroom Suite, reached via a private staircase and corridor includes a generous Dressing Room and contemporary Ensuite with further stairs leading to the top of the house. To the right is a tranquil Meditation Room, to the left there is plenty of easily accessible loft space.
Outside, the grounds are equally spectacular. Wrought iron gates open to the tree-lined, gravelled driveway with space for numerous cars.
The meticulously maintained Gardens frame the house beautifully. Mature trees underplanted with herbaceous perennials in well-stocked borders bring abundant wildlife and bird song.
Entrance via the Courtyard and French doors to the front. The Living Area is open plan with bespoke Kitchen, Dining and Living Area. Two Bedrooms, one Ensuite.
• Victorian Country House set in just under one acre with separate Two-Bedroom Annexe. More than 7500 sq ft of internal accommodation arranged over three floors.
• Luxuriously refurbished and renovated to an exemplary standard (full details can be obtained)
• 890 sq ft open plan Living Kitchen with exposed brick. Bespoke oak island with Belfast sink, coloured Everhot and built-in bar. Wonderfully light with windows to two sides and velux. French doors lead to outdoor seating and herb area.
• Generous sized Utility Room, with plumbing for appliances, pantry shelving with ladder.
• Four Reception Rooms, beautifully decorated, each with log burning stove and period fire surround.
• Superb traditional Cloakroom with fitted monk seats, coat hooks and book shelving, WC.
• Traditional Cellar, ideal for wine
• Five Double Bedrooms, four with period fireplace
• Two Ensuites. One House Bathroom
• Loft Room currently in use as a meditation room.
• Front and rear staircases
• Enclosed Courtyard with living plant wall. Access to Workshop, Log Store and Annexe.
• Single Garage, insulated Gardening Shed and Greenhouse/Potting Shed. Woodland chicken enclosure.
• Garden Terrace with seating for 12 and built-in herb garden, lighting. Space for hot tub. Perfect for alfresco dining, entertaining and family time.
• Stunning Lawned Garden, enclosed by mixed hedging and traditional estate railings.
• Superb Vegetable Garden, perfect for those green fingered buyers. Soft fruit bushes, apple, plum, damson, kiwi, fig and pear trees. Wildlife pond.
Grant Blue Vortex oil-fired central heating, Electricity, Mains Drainage, Mains Water Supply.
Enter the village with The Oak Tree on the left, continue taking the second right on to Bridge Street. Take the left on to The Maltings. Proceed to the end and the property to the wrought iron gates.
Local Life in Helperby
Thought to have been a Danish settlement, the historic conservation village of Helperby oozes character. There are plenty of walks for dog walkers, including a number along the rivers Ure and Swale, or take a stroll around the village.
There are two pubs, The Oak Tree Inn and The Golden Lion where you will always be greeted with a warm welcome a glass of wine or a pint! The village offers a doctor’s surgery, church and Millennium Village Hall. It has a butcher’s shop, mobile post office and a bus service. For schooling there is a primary school in Brafferton (within walking distance), secondary schooling in Easingwold, Boroughbridge and Ripon.
There are co-ed independent schools nearby, including Cundall Manor and many other choices in York. Situated within the “Golden Triangle”, Helperby is well located and readily accessible to York, Harrogate and Leeds and is super for commuters, situated between York and Thirsk mainline train stations